Sweet potato crostinis, healthy recipes on our #Pinterest! http://www.pinterest.com/rachelpallyinc/food-to-try/
sweet potato tahini crostini
Ingredients for the sweet potato-tahini spread:
- 1/2 cup cooked & mashed sweet potato
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- a squeeze of lemon
- salt & pepper
for the crostini:
- 8 half-pieces of bread, toasted or grilled
- 1/2 cup good quality ricotta and a squeeze of lemon
- a few sage leaves, chopped (optional: fry them)
- coarse salt
- optional toppings: handful of toasted pepitas, drizzle of honey or olive oil, sprinkle of red chile flakes
- In a small food processor, blend together the ingredients for the sweet potato spread.Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Top grilled bread with a bit of the spread, a dollop of ricotta, chopped sage, a drizzle of honey, and a few pinches of coarse salt.
Feel free to play with different spice/herb variations: Cayenne, cumin, and/or dried coriander would be nice mixed into the spread. Or switch out the sage with rosemary or thyme… whatever you like. I think a bit of toasted sesame oil would pair nicely with the tahini (although I wouldn’t pair that with ricotta).
vegan option: skip the ricotta and add more chickpeas to the spread to make it a bit lighter, if necessary.